At DPS Bokaro Steel City School the well being of learners is of great importance to us. We provide direct nursing services to learners and staff members to maximize health and wellness in the school community. The school infirmary is equipped with the basic materials and facilities to address the health needs of learners while in school. An on-site trained and qualified nurse is available to manage and assess any health issues that may arise during school hours.
Our nurse' s services expand to the following domains:
- Attends to learners who are injured or who become ill while at school, administers first-aid and other emergency nursing measures, and arranges for medical attention where the circumstances indicate.
- Secures and carries out medically approved written instructions for care of sick and injured learners.
- Initiates various screening activities to ascertain learner's health appraisal.
- Confers with teachers, learners and parents regarding management of identified health problems.
- Provides instructions to learners and parents in subjects such as nutrition, rest and relaxation, communicable diseases and home healthcare.
- Excludes and re-admits sick learners in accordance with existing school health regulations and policies.
- Provides updated health information and coordinates care to parents, teachers and other health authorities.
- Maintains accurate and updated health records of all learners with confidentiality and care. Coordinates with hospitals, first-aid services and other medical facilities.